참고가 될만한 내용입니다.
우선 영문으로 링크를 걸지만 조만간 한국어로 정리해서 올리겠습니다.
1. Make it “Pop”
강력한 한방, 대조를 통한 방법 등
2. Lots of space
공간을 많이 두어서 여백의 미를~
3. Make it clever (non-fiction) or emotional (fiction)
눈에 확 띄게
4. Use a subtitle, teaser or tagline (and a review!)
제목 밑에 서브타이들을 넣어서 제목을 받치게 하는 것도 디자인 요소로 좋습니다.
5. Pick the right font (and effects)
가장 어려운 부분, 적절한 폰트와 효과를 선택하는 것(과하면 아니함만 못하다)
- The two different fonts make a nice contrast. They aren’t fancy fonts, but a very simple serif and sans-serif.
- They use natural color contrast for text and light/dark contrast. The top and bottom of Deeply Odd are dark enough to add the text without a drop shadow or special effects to make it stand out. Omens‘ top is in that annoying twilight, in between light and dark, where neither dark or light text will stand out well, so she had to add a strong drop shadow. Yes it helps the text stand out, but it overpowers the title and kills the fluidity of the cover.
- The letters in “Kelly Armstrong” are too condensed, whereas “Dean Koontz” is widely spread. True, he was lucky to have a shorter name, but it’s also the lack of drop shadow and the simple sans-serif font that make it so clean and elegant. Even using gray rather than white increase its subtlety.
- Ditto with the “bestseller” tagline. Kelley’s is a little too heavy and long (probably English Gothic). Koontz’s is elegant and minimal (Open Sans or Lato?)
- With the dark cover, the yellow Deeply Odd really stands out, because it’s the lightest thing, in a way that Omens doesn’t, because the top is too light.
- Deeply Odd uses two special effects, a very subtle glow which is great to suggest a bit of paranormal, and an underline (the two words in Deeply Odd would probably have been too cramped, if not for the underline, which connects everything.) I would have at least liked to see a subtle gradient on Omens.
- I don’t know what either book is really about, but Deeply Odd fixes this with a great teaser “Beauty is skin deep…” So I know it’s a struggle between good and evil.
- Deeply Odd is a little more interesting because it has a person in it. More on that in the next section.
6. Make it personal (but not cheesy)
적절한 포즈로 특화된 느낌을... 모델을 잘 배치하고 포즈를 잘 잡아라(?)
7. If it’s too hard, go simple
심플하게 만들어라! 그래야 잘 부각될 테니까! 대신 상징물을 잘 잡아야겠지?
8. A little more on text placement
작은 글자를 얹어보세요. 이 부분은 타이틀을 디자인할 때 참고하면 좋아요~
여기에 이새의 나무가 추가하는 것은 황금비율을 이용한 곳에 요소를 배치한다~
google.com, pub-2769802799738431, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
사업자 정보 표시
주식회사 이새의 나무 | 최진영 | 경기도 고양시 일산동구 탄중로 311-16 한진플라자 201호 | 사업자 등록번호 : 128-86-89874 | TEL : 070-5022-0675 | 통신판매신고번호 : 1호 | 사이버몰의 이용약관 바로가기